Friday, April 6, 2007

My Grandma


There isn't a photo on this layout yet because it has to be cropped, edited and copied first....
Mt grandma passed away before i started scrapbooking and the only pages i have ever done of her belong in my heritage album (they are all pictures of her growing up and of my grandparents when they were married). I saw this new paper at JSI and thought that i should do a page of my grandma.
My grandma was a very special woman! I was her only grandchild and she spoiled me rotten! She bought me new outfits, took me to fancy restaurants and fed me lobster and cheesecake (starting at the age of three). She started my love of shoes, handbags, and jewelry. When she passed away she left me two of her diamond rings (to go with the one she gave me when i graduated university--first degree) so i had them set into a new ring that i wear everyday and think of her each time i look at it. She taught me to be unique, stand up for myself, and be strong. She always told me i was beautiful, even on my worst days. She was the most generous person i know, unfortunately people took advantage of this. She loved to travel and cook. But the most important thing in her life was family...this is the greatest thing she instilled in me. She never had the opportunity to see me get married or meet my daughter, Rhys, but i know she was there in spirit!
I started going through my photo albums and found some great photos that i now plan on scrapbooking. the photos bring back so many memories!!! I love her so much and miss her dearly. I have decided to make an album just about her...so here is my first page (picture to follow).

2 comments:

scrappaleica said...

Pam, that was really beautiful. I'm glad you ahd such an incredible bond with your grandma.

Julie Cortens said...

Pam - you have inspired me to find a picture of my Grandpa and do a page of him - he was such a wonderful man and I miss him too - I was one of...oh gosh there must have been over 15 grandchildren ... but he always made me feel loved. I think it is important for my children to know how special my grandpa was and inspire them to appreciate the time with their grandparents now. Thanks for the inspiration!